Rice bowls are really quick meals to put together that also pack a lot of flavors. This turkey fajita rice bowl recipe is a great way to add some unique flare to leftovers and can also be cooked from scratch. Read on to learn how to make this dish for lunch or dinner.
How Do You Make Turkey Fajita Rice Bowls?
Prep Time: 4 minutes
Cook Time: 6 minutes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups bell pepper, sliced
- 1 cup red onion, sliced
- 1 cup baby Bella mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup cooked turkey, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 4 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 2 tbsp fresh chopped cilantro
- 1 avocado, thinly sliced
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet. Add the bell pepper and onion and saute for 4-5 minutes.
- Add the baby Bella mushrooms, turkey, garlic, cumin, chili powder, paprika, sea salt, and 2 tablespoons of lime juice. Saute for an additional 2-3 minutes, then remove from the heat and set aside.
- Toss the cooked rice with the remaining 2 tablespoons of lime juice and 2 tablespoons of fresh cilantro.
- Divide the rice between two bowls, top with the vegetable and turkey fajita, and sliced avocado.
- If you don’t already have cooked rice available, be sure you start by cooking the rice.
- This recipe uses leftover turkey. If you want to make this recipe without leftovers and without cooking turkey from scratch, you can easily pick up some pre-shredded turkey at the supermarket.
Dishes like this one are such a great way to make use of leftovers and create more variety. If you want to use up your leftovers without getting sick of them, creating unique recipes with the same main ingredient can do a lot more than you think.
Looking for other easy meals like this one? Check out our blog for more rice recipes.