Looking for a delicious and nutritious recipe to try out that barely takes any effort to make? Soy-glazed salmon with brown rice is a great choice to go for when you want to go the healthy route while still keeping every bite extra tasty. While salmon already tastes great on its own, adding this glaze will make the flavor of your dish that much more robust.
Keep reading and learn how to make this simple yet appetizing meal you can have several days of the week, guilt-free.
How To Make Soy-Glazed Salmon With Brown Rice
With a super quick prep time and a marinade you can save for other dishes too, you’ll love how quick and easy this dish is to make. With a tender inside, crispy outside, and a savory glaze that packs a punch on your fillet, this meal will be tempting to eat almost every day.
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes
- Cooking Time: 40 Minutes
- Yield: 4 Servings
- 1 cup brown rice
- Kosher salt
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 1/4 lb salmon
- 3 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- Lemon wedges for serving
- In a small bowl, whisk together soy sauce, honey, mustard, and lemon juice. Place salmon skin-side down in a baking dish and drizzle with olive oil. Season with salt and pepper and pour over half the sauce.
- Heat a grill pan over high heat. Grill salmon skin side-up for 4 minutes then flip and brush with remaining sauce. Grill until cooked through for 4 to 5 minutes more.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Cook garlic until fragrant and beginning to turn golden for 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve salmon with a side of vegetables, brown rice, and lemon.
- Grilling is a quick and easy way to cook salmon, making it tender inside and nice and golden on top.
- While you can use any cut of salmon for this dish, we recommend a fillet cut that holds on to the marinade quicker and cooks more evenly.
- You can use the soy-Dijon-honey sauce in this grilled salmon recipe on other meals like chicken, steak, or even as a marinade for vegetables.
We love cooking dishes that don’t take too much effort and that give us the flavors and nutrients we’re looking for. This soy-glazed salmon with brown rice is a heart-healthy dish that provides a unique savory flavor everyone in the family will love, and we know you’ll want to try out this sauce on everything.
Liked this dish? You can check out our website for even more rice recipes.