When it comes to cooking on the weeknights, any busy mom can agree that can take quite a bit out of you. However, there are now so many one-pot recipes out there that make cooking for the family easy and hassle-free.
This recipe is a really quick and delicious dinner to make, complete with tender and juicy chicken, savory steamed rice, and plenty of colorful and nutritious vegetables. This dish is cooked all in one skillet and has such great flavor, so we’re sure it’s going to turn into one of your go-to weeknight recipes that the whole family will love in no time.
How to Make Ranch Chicken and Rice Casserole
One of our favorite things about recipes like this tender chicken recipe is how many small tweaks you can make to make it taste slightly different every time. By simply adding cream or milk for a creamier texture, some sugar for added sweetness, putting it in the oven to bake, or pairing it with a salad, there is more than one way to prep this meal and make it different every time you eat it.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings
- 6 to 8 boneless, skinless chicken thighs (about 1.5 pounds)
- Salt and fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- ½ cup ranch mix
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 small yellow onion, finely diced
- 1 small red bell pepper, finely diced
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder or 4 cloves garlic, finely minced or pressed
- 1 cup frozen mixed vegetables (preferably peas, carrots, corn, and green beans)
- 1 cup long grain white rice (not instant rice)
- 2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- ½ teaspoon smoked or sweet paprika
- Place chicken thighs in a large mixing bowl and season with salt and pepper.
- Add the ranch dressing to the chicken thighs, mix to combine, and set aside for about 10 minutes.
- Heat oil in a large skillet, baking dish, or braiser and set over medium-high heat.
- Add the ranch chicken thighs to the hot oil and cook for 2 to 3 minutes per side, or until just browned. Remove chicken from the pan and set it aside.
- Return pan to heat; add the diced onions and peppers. If needed, add more oil.
- Cook the onions and peppers for 2 to 3 minutes, or until just starting to soften.
- Stir in the garlic and cook for 15 seconds.
- Add frozen mixed vegetables and rice; stir and cook for 1 minute.
- Pour in the chicken soup and gently stir to combine.
- Arrange chicken thighs over the rice; sprinkle paprika over the chicken thighs and rice.
- Lower heat to medium; cover the pan and cook for 18 to 22 minutes, or until liquid has evaporated, and rice and chicken are cooked through.
- Remove from heat.
- Fluff up the rice with a fork. Taste for salt and pepper, and adjust. Serve.
- You can easily switch out the chicken thighs with chicken breast and white rice with brown rice if you’re looking for something a bit healthier. Pair it with a salad on the side as well to make it even heartier without packing on the calories.
- In addition to the ranch dressing, you can make an even creamier version of this recipe by adding cream cheese and some milk to the soup as it cooks.
This tender and flavorful one-pot ranch chicken and rice dish is such a simple yet effective recipe that packs a punch with its taste. No matter how tired you are, we know that recipes like this one will definitely make food prep for the whole family an easier endeavor.
Want to learn and save recipes for future meals? Find more easy recipes using rice on our site.
We Know Rice Social MediaFollow Us Follow Us Follow Us