This recipe is a versatile dish that you can eat for any meal. With any sausage of your choice, we love how this recipe can give us different flavor profiles depending on what we cook it with.
Cook this savory meal if you’re looking for something hearty, comforting, and healthy all in one. Read on to learn how to make the recipe.
How to Make Grilled Sausages with Herbed Couscous and Salad
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/3 cups couscous
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup tomato juice
- 1 cup water
- 1 pound of sausages of your choice
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro (optional)
- In a large frying pan with a lid, heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil over moderately low heat.
- Add the garlic, couscous, cumin, cayenne, and 1/2 teaspoon of salt to the pan. Stir occasionally until the couscous starts to brown, about 3 minutes.
- Stir in the tomato juice and water and bring to a simmer. Cover, remove from the heat, and let stand for 5 minutes. Transfer the couscous to a platter or stainless-steel bowl to cool.
- Meanwhile, light the grill or heat the broiler. Coat the sausages with 1/2 tablespoon of the oil. Grill or broil the sausages, turning occasionally, until completely cooked through, about 10 minutes, then remove from the heat. When the sausages are cool enough to handle, cut them into thin slices.
- Toss the cooled couscous with the lemon juice, the remaining 3 1/2 tablespoons oil and 1/4 teaspoon salt, and the tomato. Top with the sliced sausages and the cilantro. Serve immediately.
- When sauteing or grilling sausages, be sure to turn them regularly for even heating and to avoid bursting on the side, and use tongs instead of a fork to keep the juices inside and allow for even cooking.
- Sausages can also be roasted in the oven. Place sausages in a 300-350℉ oven as it is heating to prevent bursting and roast for 20-25 minutes.
We love recipes that switch things up a bit, and this grilled sausages with herbed couscous and salad is a healthy alternative to the carb-heavy meals that we’re used to.
Interested in making more interesting recipes like this one? Check out the latest recipes on our site.
We Know Rice Social MediaFollow Us Follow Us Follow Us