Many people perceive salads to be boring — a plate of leaves, some other vegetables and fruits, and a dressing to top it all off. Sure, some salads can be dull but here’s the thing: they don’t have to be. Instead of making a bowl only filled with vegetables leaves and fruits, salads can become more exciting and refreshing by adding a few surprising ingredients to it. Try out this Grilled Peach, Rice & Arugula Salad Recipe today!
Grilled Peach, Rice & Arugula Salad Recipe Ingredients
- 1 package (8.8 oz) ready-to-serve long-grain wild rice
- 2 medium peaches, quartered
- 6 cups fresh arugula
- 6 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup crumbled goat cheese
- 1/4 of red onion, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- To make the dressing, whisk the cider vinegar, Dijon mustard, canola oil, maple syrup, and cayenne pepper together in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Prepare the rice according to the package directions. Once done, set it aside to let it cool.
- Place the quartered peaches on a lightly oiled grill rack over medium heat.
- Cover and grill until lightly browned, or about 6 to 8 minutes. Turn the peaches occasionally.
- Add the bacon and 1/4 cup of the dressing to the rice.
- On a medium platter or bowl, toss the arugula and sliced red onions together, then top with the rice mixture and peaches.
- Drizzle with the remaining dressing.
- Top with cheese and serve.
- This recipe uses ready-to-serve long-grain wild rice but you can use any type of long-grain rice that you like.
- If the peaches you are using are juicy and ripe, you don’t have to grill them.
- You can add other fruits and leaves such as avocados or basil.
- You may also add nuts such as pistachios or pine nuts to add more texture to the dish.
- To make the dish even healthier, you can use quinoa.
- You may substitute goat’s cheese with another cheese like fresh mozzarella or Chevre.
Juicy, sweet, and wonderfully fragrant peaches added to a salad can certainly make you feel refreshed. Eating it together with rice in a salad gives you a dish that’s packed with vitamins and nutrients. This dish is very easy to make too, and it’s one that you can whip up quickly whenever you’re in a pinch.
Looking for other dishes to serve to your family? Check out our recipes.