One-pot dishes are heaven-sent, especially if you’re a busybody. Not everyone has the time to use three different pots or pans every night just to have something decent during mealtimes. With one-pot dishes, you can put all the ingredients in one vessel and allow the flavors to combine together, producing something extraordinary.
If you’re searching for a marvelous one-pot dish that’s healthy and pretty simple to make, try out this Cumin Rice with Avocado recipe.
Cumin Rice with Avocado Ingredients
- 1 cup uncooked long-grain rice
- 1 ripe avocado (peeled and cubed)
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/3 cup Picante sauce
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 1/4 cups water
- 2 green onions (sliced)
- Bring water to a boil in a large saucepan.
- Add the butter, bouillon, and cumin. Stir until the butter is melted.
- Add the rice and reduce the heat.
- Cover and simmer for 20 to 25 minutes or until the rice is tender.
- Stir in the picante sauce and heat through.
- Stir in the chopped avocado and green onions before serving.
- You can use any kind of long-grain rice you want in this recipe. Some good options are jasmine rice and basmati rice.
- To add more flavor to the dish, you can replace the water with chicken broth or vegetable stock.
- You can add proteins such as tuna, tofu, bacon, or chicken to level up the dish.
- You can adjust the spice of the dish by adding or reducing the Picante sauce.
- Aside from avocados, you may also add other vegetables of your choice.
Rice and avocado are simple ingredients – but melded together with a great spice such as cumin makes up for an interesting, scrumptious dish. Only one pot is needed to make this entire recipe. If you’re stumped for a fuss-free dinner, this recipe has your back.
Looking to broaden your horizons and want to cook more rice dishes? Browse our recipe collection.