One-pan meals are fast and easy but still relatively healthy. If you’re busy but want to have a good dinner without having to put a lot of effort into it, here’s a great one-pot recipe that you can make. Spare some 20 minutes and cook this Broccoli Rice and Sausage dinner!
Broccoli Rice and Sausage Dinner Recipe Ingredients
- 2 cups uncooked instant rice
- 1 package (13 oz) smoked sausage, sliced
- 4 cups small fresh broccoli florets
- 1 can (14 1/2 oz) diced tomatoes, drained
- 2 cups chicken broth or water
- 1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add sausage, cook, and stir until browned or for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Stir in the broccoli and cook for 2 minutes longer.
- Add broth or water, tomatoes, and seasonings, then bring to a boil.
- Add the rice, then reduce the heat. Cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Remove the lid and stir in the broccoli. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until the broccoli is heated through and softened.
- Remove from heat and stir in the shredded cheddar cheese.
- Let stand, covered, until liquid is almost absorbed and cheese is melted, for about 5 minutes.
- For this recipe, you can use any type of medium or long-grain rice that you like.
- If you don’t want to use chicken broth, you can also chicken stock or vegetable stock. Water works well too.
- If you wish to use regular rice instead of instant rice, cook for 15 minutes instead of 5 minutes.
- You may replace the broccoli with green peas or green beans.
Dishes that require simple ingredients and don’t require a lot of effort to make are the best things to eat after a long day. Additionally, cooking the entire recipe in only one pot makes clean-up a breeze. This Broccoli Rice and Sausage dinner recipe allows you to get your protein and vegetables in one plate too. Try it out tonight!
Looking for other dishes to liven up your weekly dinners? Check out our recipes.